My huge knitting projects for the year are complete. I finished the second wedding shawl on Wednesday night (at 11:58pm or something). It’s beautiful. It’s HUGE. It is DONE. Here it is sitting on our standard 3 person couch:
You can’t see it very well, but there’s a lace work butterfly in the central section. I came up with the pattern by modifying a textured pattern. I think it turned out VERY well, all things considered.
Go team me!! So yesterday I gave the shawl a nice wash (warm water and Ivory body wash), and got some of the non-fast dye out. Then I pinned the whole thing to our bed. I was going to be good and use the drying board, but it was REALLY too big for that. I didn’t measure the final size, but I think that “big” should be a sufficient description.
That’s a Queen sized bed, by the way, so it really is as big as I think.
I’m giving it to the bride tonight at her rehearsal dinner, and I’ll make sure that my husband takes some pictures of her wearing it at the wedding – I’m in the bridal party.
So, that’s another project done. I’m now working on socks for another friend’s birthday – a due date I will NOT make, but I’m so worried that they will swell up to size 13 men’s… I just have a nasty feeling about this yarn (and no, of course I didn’t do a proper swatch…)